Due to unforeseen circumstances, Capital Christian Writers is cancelling "The Ins and Outs of Self-Publishing" conference scheduled for April 9.
Publisher of the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series
Monday, May 9, 2016
“Ingredients for the Perfect Chicken Soup Story”
What goes into the perfect Chicken Soup for the Soul story? Our special guest, Amy Newmark, publisher of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, will share what she looks for in a Chicken Soup story, plus answer your questions about the series. Amy will be joining us via online video, and she also wants to know what we like about the Chicken Soup books.
If you’ve had stories published in Chicken Soup books, bring them to the meeting to share. Also, we’re encouraging all who attend to come with a piece—rough draft form is fine!—or the outline of a story to submit to an upcoming Chicken Soup book. Titles currently accepting submissions include:
- The Spirit of Canada (May 31 deadline)
- Blended Families (June 30 deadline)
- Curvy & Confident (June 30 deadline)
- Stories About Teachers and Teaching (June 30 deadline)
- Parent to Parent (July 31 deadline)
- Stories about Cats (October 31 deadline)
- Stories about Dogs (October 31 deadline)
For details on each book and submission guidelines, click here.